5 Tips to Achieving A Clear & Calm Mind
It is said that when a person is not being rational, their mind is full of unfinished thoughts and meaningless ideas. Here’s 5 tips I learned from people around the world to practice in my daily life to achieve a healthy balance of body, mind and soul.
1) Exercise – Whether it’s an everyday morning run, a few laps in the pool, weekly yoga class or even hitting the gym, exercise is a great tool to cleanse your mind of ill thoughts. Even if you barely have enough time to sip on some coffee before your commute to work, make it a point to walk to your destinations more often.
2) Eat healthy – Be sure to provide enough vegetables and fruits into your diet whilst maintaining your standard protein and carb intake. Fibre and vitamins are essential to your immune system and your body and brain too! The more clean, the better. Remember, don’t panic, especially if it’s organic!
3) Meditation – I hope you don’t get the wrong idea here, now, meditation is not necessarily sitting or lying down in an attempt to “empty your mind of all thoughts”. It is known as focusing the self in the actions of what you perceive so as to achieve complete attentiveness. For example, I am preparing dinner..I put all my heart into it knowing that it will be delicious. All the energy being conducted is being channeled into preparing that dinner. Boom. You get delicious food prepared with love. It may also be applied with any other activities you absolutely love partaking in! This could also be recognized as mindfulness. If you are highly intrigued, there are tons of books showcasing the topic of mindfulness. Either that..or just go Google it!
4) Appreciating Art – Some people may have the uncanny ability to paint masterpieces with the standards of Van Gogh in no time, some may experience difficulties drawing a simple house and trees. Regardless, one must be able to recognize the efforts that was put into creating that piece of art, as it’s only polite. Art comes in many different forms; Music, Paintings, Dancing, Writing and many more. Now imagine yourself, as you sit in front of a piece of artistic work that has been created by somebody else..you visualize the I that has manifested your own creativity into forming that work of art. Simply said, put yourself in his or her shoes and pretend that you were the one who worked on that fine piece of art. Happy aren’t you? It’s the act of appreciation that is a form of a healthy mind.
5) Crystals & Semi Precious Stones – Okay, I admit this is a pretty controversial one. Whether you are a believer or not, crystals and semi precious stones are widely used around the world, possibly even in this Solar System as precious materials. From computers to watches to jewellery and much more. Don’t believe me?Ask almost every other woman out there why diamonds are so sought after. (Yes a diamond is a crystal) The most simplest approach to this is the information behind these crystals. What power do they hold? What is it these crystals seek? If you have heard or read about the crystals skulls, you should already know this. But otherwise, please do check it out!
Crystals have been used all across the centuries as a piece of Earth that is known to have healing powers. From illness to ailments and useful tools for the mind, these precious minerals are possible to be found almost everywhere and anywhere in the world. Honestly speaking, I myself never used to be a believer of such magical stones. I’m not sure if I still am but I can assure you that these stones are of great help in your daily ongoing life. Ancient cultures and modern traditions still hold on to their roots regarding these powerful ornaments, it is advisable to keep them in your pocket, wear them as jewellery, to use them as house decoration and more.
The purpose of seeking balance between mind, body & soul is to be content with the self and to seek awareness. If you have any other brilliant ideas to contribute please feel free to share them with us!
Article by Yoji Amashiro